Questions For Students & Families – Campus Public Safety
- Does the institution provide services by sworn law enforcement (with the power to make arrests), unsworn security, or a combination?
- Does the institution provide services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (when school is in session)?
- Does the institution have a formal arrangement, such as a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for investigating crimes on campus and responding to emergencies?
- Does the institution’s police or security department have accreditation from the CALEA (the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies) and or IACLEA (the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Agencies)?
- Does the institution have a publicly accessible timely warning policy (to alert the campus community about crimes that present an ongoing threat) that identified who decides and issues such warnings, and the channels to be used?